Simplify the Holidays
The holiday season is fast approaching causing a bit of anxiety to rise up within many people. We are losing the love that surrounds these holidays for grander expectations beyond our control. It is time to simplify the holidays by lacing them with love instead of anxiety. Leave the worry out of the shopping and leave the angst out of the wrapping, for when you inject each gift with love, then there is only joy and happiness. Let this holiday season bring a wealth of love that you can share with each and everyone.
Give With Love
This is the truth to the season, not spending your time worrying and fretting over each gift and each reaction to that gift. When you give with love, then the reaction will be in kind. Let go of the overwhelming aspect of the holiday season and replace it with a more relaxed self and attitude. You will be pleased with the results when you let go and release this tension from your body and mind. Be true to yourself allowing for displacement of angst for replacement of love. Fill your heart, your mind, and your soul with the joys of the holidays instead of dwelling on the ‘what ifs’ and the ‘how to’s.’
Believe in the Magic
Do not let yourself overspend on the material items, let love be your greatest gift and all will fall into place nicely. You will appreciate the thoughtfulness of others as they will appreciate the thoughtfulness of you. Believe in the magic of the holiday season by bringing back and building up some beautiful traditions among your family and friends, leaving the commercialism outside the front door. You will be amazed how the levels of love will increase as you instill more light within your traditions. As the years go by, the memories of these holiday seasons will remain treasured and revered.
When you feel overwhelmed by the hustle and bustle of the holidays, take time to pamper yourself. Remember, you are important and deserving of all that you give back to yourself. If you aren’t sure of the ways to let go of the holiday busy-ness, then here’s a quick list for you. The options are unlimited as to your desires and your interests. Just go ahead and pamper yourself today!
- Relax by a cozy fire, with a warm tea to ease away the stresses.
- Slide under the bubbles in a bathtub with Epsom salt and essential oils to soak away the tension within your body. (Premix the essential oils and Epsom salt before adding to your bath. It will keep the oils from floating to the surface of the water.)
- Take a nap
- Meditate or take the time for slow, deep breaths with beautiful music drifting around you.
- Take a walk and breathe in the fresh air
- Exercise with gentle yoga stretches and mindful movement
- If baking and creating are your ways to unwind, then do so.